2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers a maximum towing capacity of 12,200 pounds when properly equipped, and it can also handle a payload of up to 2,543 pounds! Of course, the powerful 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 engines can’t take all the credit for these impressive capabilities. This year’s model also features a hydro-formed, boxed high-strength steel frame and advanced towing features that you won’t find in other models. No matter how you do the math, the Chevy Silverado is one of the best light-duty pickups on the market.
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
Each of the four 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 engine options delivers remarkable quotients of horsepower and torque, and no matter which you choose, you won’t have any trouble hauling heavy cargo:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp
- 348 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 7,000 pounds
- Paired with 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 4.3L V6 Engine
- 285 hp
- 305 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 7,900 pounds
- Paired with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 5.3L V8 Engine
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 11,600 pounds
- Paired with 8-Speed Automatic Transmission, Available 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 6.2L V8 Engine
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum Towing Capacity: 12,200 pounds
- Paired with 10-Speed Automatic Transmission
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The 2019 Chevy Silverado is more than well-equipped to provide comfort and convenience on your Decatur and Springfield drives, but at the end of the day, this pickup’s heart and soul are on the job site. Towing and hauling are a breeze with these Silverado towing accessories and features:
- Trailering Package: The Trailering package includes a trailering hitch platform, a 2-inch receiver, 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector. It’s standard on every Silverado.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Select trims may be upgraded with the Max Trailering Package, which includes the entire Handling/Trailering Suspension package, as well as revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and a whole lot more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Extended view towing mirrors provide superior awareness when you’re hauling a long trailer, and help you stay safer on all of your drives through the Normal area.
Test Drive the Silverado 1500 at Sam Leman Chevrolet Bloomington!
Want to understand where the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado towing power comes from? Schedule a test drive at Sam Leman Chevrolet Bloomington to learn about the available configurations, including the Silverado special edition models, and to get a hands-on feel for the features and capabilities that make this pickup great, including the Z71 off-road package. We can also answer your towing questions, like when to use low gear. Contact us today to get started, and be sure to check out our current offers and incentives before you visit our Bloomington dealership — and don’t forget that we have an extensive selection of used Silverado trucks, and used Chevy Camaro models, as well.
More About the 2019 Silverado
Normal-area pickup truck enthusiasts will be delighted to hear about the exciting specs and design elements of the new Chevrolet Silverado pickups. From their best-in-class towing capabilities to their high-strength steel frames, these Chevy heavy-duty, full-size pickup trucks are definitely ahead of the competition. In addition to the range of standard trims, the Silverado also…
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado is an industry leader in its class. It’s even one of the easier pickup trucks for Normal drivers to customize. At Sam Leman Chevrolet Bloomington, we offer a large selection of OEM accessories, so you can add your personal touch to your Chevy Silverado 1500 or Heavy Duty pickup truck (or to start planning…
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers a maximum towing capacity of 12,200 pounds when properly equipped, and it can also handle a payload of up to 2,543 pounds! Of course, the powerful 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 engines can’t take all the credit for these impressive capabilities. This year’s model also features a hydro-formed, boxed high-strength…