2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
What is the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity? The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,400 pounds when properly equipped. This means that drivers can haul all of their tools, supplies, and anything else they might need on the job in and around Springfield. Learn more about the performance specs below so you can have faith that you can haul even if the truck bed is full, then discover the Silverado in person at Sam Leman Chevrolet Bloomington.
2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
There are five engine options available for the new Silverado 1500. Even choosing the base model of the 1500, drivers will have a strong towing capacity of 7,000 pounds. To get to the max tow load available, drivers will want to opt for the RST trim with the 6.2L V8 engine. Here are the engine options available for the new Silverado:
- 4.3L V6 — The standard 4.3L V6 engine generates 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque for a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo — An upgrade to the 2.7L turbocharged engine captures an additional 310 hp and a best-in-class 348 lb-ft of torque, and towing capacity goes up to 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 — Step up to the 5.3L V8 for 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. The V8 option leaps to an 11,600-pound towing capacity.
- 6.2L V8 — When outfitted with the 6.2L V8 and the RST trim, your Silverado 1500 achieves the maximum 13,400-pound towing capacity. That’s in addition to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel — Interested in the power, fuel efficiency, and easy maintenance of diesel? The Turbo-Diesel Silverado 1500 engine cranks out 9,400 pounds of towing capacity, 260 hp, and 460 lb-ft of torque.
2020 Silverado 1500 Towing Features
In addition to powerful engine options, the Silverado 1500 is equipped with an abundance of advanced technologies to help keep the heavier loads steady even when the going gets rough. These include:
- Trailering Package — The Trailering Package equips your Silverado 1500 with a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Max Trailering Package — This optional package builds on the Trailering Package, adding the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, and more.
- Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado — Extend your view of the road around your trailer with available towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado.
Find a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 for Sale at Sam Leman Chevrolet Bloomington
If a new Chevy Silverado is on your list, check out the large inventory at Sam Leman Chevrolet Bloomington. In addition to quality models and new vehicle specials for additional savings, we have towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado models and other performance accessories available. Check out our parts department once you’re behind the wheel of a new Chevy Silverado to customize it the way you like. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the Chevy Silverado price, how the Silverado 1500 towing capacity compares to the Silverado 2500HD towing capacity, our other models, and more, don’t hesitate to contact us!
More About the 2020 Silverado
What is the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity? The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches up to 13,400 pounds when properly equipped. This means that drivers can haul all of their tools, supplies, and anything else they might need on the job in and around Springfield. Learn more about the performance specs below…
Looking for the most capable and stylish trucks on the market? The 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 offers eight unique trim levels to choose from so you can get the full-size, capable truck you need with the technology, strength, and comfort you want! Whether you drive your Chevy truck for work or play, check out the…