2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 Towing
The new 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 boasts a maximum towing capacity of 13,300 pounds, plus a maximum payload (hauling capacity) of up to 2,280 pounds. What’s more, this Chevy light-duty truck offers a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame to provide structural rigidity, plus a series of towing features that make the task more appealing. In short, all this and more makes the new Silverado 1500 one of the most capable new full-size trucks for sale in the greater Normal area, bar none. But don’t just take our word at face value. Do your own research or just read on below! Meanwhile, start exploring your financing options and value your trade online.
2021 Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The hefty 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and impressive power both arise thanks in large part to these powerful engines:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: This engine makes 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Its towing capacity is 7,900 pounds. It’s also the standard Silverado 1500 engine.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: This engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. This power gives the Silverado 1500 a towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds, and also increases efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: The Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds). This engine also provides 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Equipped with this engine, the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow its maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim). Additionally, this V8 makes up to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: With the available diesel Silverado 1500 engine, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,500 pounds. You’ll also benefit from access to 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque under-foot on Decatur roads.
2021 Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Silverado 1500 is purpose-driven. Designed to tow and haul circles around the competition, this tough truck offers these helpful towing features:
- Trailering Package: This standard Chevy Silverado 1500 package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: The Trailering Package adds the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more. It’s available on select Silverado 1500 trims.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks as accessories for safer towing around Springfield.
Test Drive the 2021 Silverado at Leman's Chevrolet City
Ready to find the perfect Chevrolet Silverado trim and engine combination for you? Regardless of which one offers the Silverado 1500 payload and towing specs you need, we’ll help you find it at Leman's Chevrolet City! To compare trims and their cost, use our online payment calculator now. Or give us a call, and we’ll be happy to help!
More Chevy Models & Features
Looking for a truck near Normal that’s equally as capable as it is comfortable? The new 2021 Chevrolet Colorado, for sale today at Leman's Chevrolet City is everything you need from your next pickup! Not only is the Colorado midsize truck stylish and feature-packed, but it’s also inherently practical. That’s because this Chevy’s towing capacity is…
The 2021 Chevy Traverse interior provides the features you need in a stylish package. It delivers everything you’d expect from a Chevy Crossover SUV and stands out from the competition. It’s no wonder it’s a Normal favorite. Keep reading to learn more about the Traverse seating and the Traverse dimensions with us here at…
In Normal, style matters, and the 2021 Chevy Equinox comes with plenty of it. With a wide range of configurations, eight different exterior colors, and three different interior color schemes, the Chevy Equinox colors can be customized to perfectly match your personal style. Learn more about the 2021 Chevy Equinox colors, interior, and trim levels…