How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
When you have a vehicle you no longer need in Normal, you have options beyond selling your car yourself through an advertisement. Learn how to sell a car at a dealership, and you’ll save yourself a lot of time and hassle without underselling your vehicle. When you sell a car at a dealership, you can take the amount in cash or put it towards a new or used vehicle and save money on your sales tax. How does selling your car at a dealership work? Find out with Leman's Chevrolet City Llc.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Selling your car to a dealership in the Decatur area is easy! Here are the steps that can make the process go smoothly and help you get the highest payout from your car:
- Research Your Car’s Value: Know what cars like yours have sold for in the Springfield area by using our Value Your Trade-In tool or consulting resources like Kelley Blue Book. Bring these numbers with you to the dealership.
- Choose Your Dealership: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle to sell, most dealerships will be glad to buy it unless they have a glut of that make and model in their used inventory. If your car is an older model, you might have better luck at a used car dealership.
- Clean Your Car: Whether you choose to wash your car yourself or have it professionally detailed, you’re likely to get a better price. Take the time to replace small but necessary accessories like windshield wipers and floor mats.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: A detailed maintenance history is one of the best things you can bring with you when you sell your car to a dealership. Second to that is a list of additional features and accessories like extra key fobs and bike mounts. Anything you’ve added to improve your car should be listed.
- Bring Your Car’s Title: This will save you time in the process.
What to Expect When You Sell a Car at a Dealership
Now that your car is ready to sell at a dealership, here’s what will happen:
- Make an Appointment: It’s possible to walk into a dealership and sell your car, but it works much better if you make an appointment in advance. That way, we can have staff and the proper paperwork ready for you.
- Meet the Used Car Manager: This is who you’ll most likely be meeting with when you sell a car to a dealership. They will handle the sale, starting with collecting your information and running a vehicle history report.
- Inspection: Either the used car manager or a certified technician from the service center will conduct your vehicle’s inspection, covering its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: The dealership will make you an offer on your car, which you can accept or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Sell Your Car to Leman's Chevrolet City Llc!
Now that you know how to sell your car at a dealership, sell yours to Leman's Chevrolet City Llc! Once you’re ready to sell your car and use it to save on your next vehicle or put cash in your wallet, contact us to arrange an appointment.
More from Leman's Chevrolet City Llc
2022 Model Displayed The Chevy Traverse has plenty of space inside, but it also has exceptional power and capability on the outside, and that’s evident when you see how much it can tow. How much can the latest Chevy Traverse model tow? The 2023 Chevrolet Traverse towing capacity maxes out at 5,000 pounds when properly…
The Chevy Traverse is a fan-favorite among Normal drivers for its easy-to-handle exterior as well as its exceptionally spacious interior. What does the latest Chevy Traverse bring to the table and improve upon compared to the previous year’s model? Take a look inside the Chevy Traverse with Leman's Chevrolet City Llc to see what kinds of features and…
For 2023, the Chevy Trailblazer comes available in several different configurations and drivetrain options from which Normal drivers can choose. You can expect to pay $22,100 for the base-level configuration, and the price varies depending on which trim you choose. Compare the 2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer price and trims with Leman's Chevrolet City Llc to see which model is…