How to Replace a Dead Key Fob Battery
Have you noticed that your Chevy key fob has been slow to react? Maybe your key fob has died out altogether. In either case, learning how to replace a dead key fob battery is an easy way to regain all of the handy functions that make Chevy ownership so special. Read on below to learn how to replace a dead key fob battery with Leman's Chevrolet City. Our service pros will teach you everything you need to know, so you don’t get slowed down during your next commute from Normal to Decatur!
Chevrolet Smart Keyless Entry Remote Battery Replacement
If you have a recent model year Chevy that offers Remote Keyless Entry, use the following instructions to swap your battery:
- Press the chrome button on the side to be able to pull out the metal key.
- Open the key fob and remove the circuit board and buttons.
- Once you can see the old battery, remove it using a small flathead screwdriver.
- Install a new CR2032 3V battery, be sure that the positive side matches the position of the old battery.
- Replace the components you removed from your key fob, and you’re all set!
Chevrolet Flip Key Battery Replacement
The flip key fob is common in many models from 2010 to 2016, along with some others. If this matches your setup, the steps below will teach you how to replace a Chevy key fob battery:
- Flip the metal key blade and remove the back cover on your key fob.
- Pull out the old, dead battery and replace it with a new CR2032 3V battery. Make sure to align the new battery in the same position as the previous one.
- Replace the key fob cover, and you should be good to go!
Chevrolet Key Fob Remote Battery Replacement
There’s nothing quite like being able to start your day in a vehicle that’s been warmed up in the winter or cooled down during the warmer months. You have that capability with a Chevy remote start key fob, so replacing the battery can be a total lifesaver if it’s gone dead. Learn how here:
- Gently insert a flathead screwdriver into the small slot on the side of the key fob. Twist it to open the key fob.
- Before you remove the battery, make note of which direction the positive and negative sides face. Carefully slide out the current battery, and replace it with a fresh CR2032 button cell battery.
- Press the key fob back together, and enjoy your remote start capabilities!
Turn to Leman's Chevrolet City for All Things Automotive
Now that you know how to change a dead key fob battery for your Chevrolet, you can take on every Springfield drive with confidence! If you prefer to let our parts team handle your maintenance, feel free to book an appointment or stop by at your convenience! You can save big on every visit with our service and parts coupons. If you have any lingering car care questions, contact us today!
More from Leman's Chevrolet City
A compact SUV provides the power you crave in Normal without taking up too much room or consuming too much fuel. We have to recommend the 2022 Chevy Trax because of its full-featured construction at an attractive price point. The 2022 Chevy Trax interior gives you room to move with all the features you…
Have you noticed that your Chevy key fob has been slow to react? Maybe your key fob has died out altogether. In either case, learning how to replace a dead key fob battery is an easy way to regain all of the handy functions that make Chevy ownership so special. Read on below to learn…
Are you searching the Normal auto market for an innovative SUV that can keep up with your lifestyle? If so, the new Chevy Trailblazer is the perfect upgrade! This aptly named spitfire delivers a bold exterior look and tons of muscle under the hood. While the outside of your SUV turns heads on the…